Sunday, September 2, 2012

That makes me really sick



    Where I live, virtually all people my age do is think about how they are going to get drunk next, and spend the rest of their weekends suffering in bed, watching TV, gaming , for doing just that. They seem to think this is great. They just don't seem to realize how much they are wasting their lives, achieving nothing, and destroying their future.
I see some people that I used to hang out with years ago in a right state now through drink/drugs. I think sometimes, that could have been me, but saw through it all when I discovered cycling. Life is great!! The only other people that find a way out is through the church, and become devoted Christians. Additionally, I have found an alternative way out of it all through cycling. It is almost a religion in itself to me, and has taught me a lot about life.

These days, I couldn't imagine anything worse than going out and getting drunk. I look forward to the weekend so I can get some big rides in and go racing. Also, my old found interest - autodidact- studying! I'd go as far as to say, everything in my life has improved through cycling for 22 years now. I'm overall a much happier person. Also, you soon find out who your real friends are when you don't go to the pub. Strangely, out of choice, I'm more a loner at times now than I used to be, but also a lot stronger for it.

Live life-cycle

Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment