Thursday, February 7, 2013

If you can make it like that, you're fine






All the time in cycling, I think. Your brain can be your best friend
 or your enemy. If you can break it down to, 'I must kill everyone,' or
 'I must destroy,' then you're fine. But if you start thinking, 'Do I
 really need to be doing this? It's raining out. The road is slippery.
 People are crashing everywhere. It's cold. My whole body hurts.'
 That's when it's negative, and the desk job seems quite good. But if
 you can use your mind to make your body like a motorcycle --- you just
 turn the throttle and go --- if you can make it like that, you're
 fine. That's normally how it is in training, you take out the elements
 of stress and performance, and you enjoy it. That's the key to racing.

No comments:

Post a Comment